In the third round of co-development funding in 2017, out of 22 applications in total, 6 projects were chosen and awarded with 8.000 euros each. Projects were chosen by the RE-ACT Programme Council, in consultation with two renowned European film experts: Katerina Kaklamani and Martichka Bozhilova, for fiction/animation and documentary projects respectively.
A list of selected projects for the year 2017:
- Fiume o morte!, documentary
writer: Igor Bezinović, director: Igor Bezinović, delegate producer: Tibor Keser, production: Restart (Croatia), co-production: Nosorogi (Slovenia), La bete (France)
- Inventory, fiction
writer: Darko Sinko, director: Darko Sinko, delegate producer: Vlado Bulajić, production: December (Slovenia), co-production: Hulahop (Croatia)
- Steakhouse, animation
writer: Gregor Zorc, director: Špela Čadež, delegate producer: Tina Smrekar production: Finta (Slovenia), co-production: Bonobostudio (Croatia), Fabian&Fred (Germany)
- Small Body, fiction
writers: Marco Borromei, Elisa Dondi, Laura Samani, director: Laura Samani, delegate producer: Nadia Trevisan, production: Nefertiti (Italy), co-production: Vertigo (Slovenia)
- Young Tesla and the Idea of Poachers, fiction
writers: Petar Orešković, Vanja Obad, director: Petar Orešković, delegate producer: Siniša Juričić, production: Jaako dobra produkcija / Nukleus (Croatia), co-production: Nukleus (Slovenia), Dor flm (Austria), This and That Productions (Serbia), Lemming Film (Netherlands)
- The Angel in the Wall, fiction
writers: Lorenzo Bianchini, Fabrizio Bozzetti, Michela Bianchini, director: Lorenzo Bianchini, delegate producer: Samantha Faccio, production: Tucker Film (Italy), co-production: Bela film (Slovenia), Ici Et La Productions (France)
The recipients of RE-ACT co-development funding were announced in January 2018 during the When East Meets West Co-production Forum in Trieste, Italy.
RE-ACT Co-Development Funding scheme supports a maximum of 6 projects with a minimum financial support of 8.000 Euros per project per year. The Programme Council appointed by three member funds reads and evaluates the projects in collaboration with external experts.
- Feature-length fiction, documentary, animation and experimental projects, as well as short animation films in either an early or advanced stage of development
- Projects preferably thematically linking the territories of Croatia, Friuli Venezia Giulia and Slovenia, with at least two co-producing partners from the countries/regions of the member funds already on board
- A public support either on national/regional level (in at least one of the member countries/regions ) or supranational public support (i.e. Creative Europe/MEDIA, etc…) already in place
For more details go to GUIDELINES